Applied Microeconomics, Health Economics, Experimental Economics.
Publications in refereed journals
– “Make-Up and Suspicion in bargaining with cheap talk. An experiment controlling for gender and gender constellation” (with D. Di Cagno, A. Galliera, W. Guth, L. Panaccione), Theory and Decision (2015), forthcoming.
– “The health care system reform in China: Effects on out-of-pocket expenses and saving” (with V. Atella and A. Brugiavini), China Economic Review (2015). Doi: 10.1016/j.chieco.2015.02.003
– “The Explanatory and Predictive Power of Non Two-Stage-Probability Theories of Decision Making Under Ambiguity” (with J. Hey), Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, vol. 49, pp 1-29 (2014). Link paper
– “Changes in Individual and/or aggregate?” (with J. Hey), Applied Economic Letters, vol. 22, pp 180-183 (2014). Link paper
– “Disentangling risk aversion from ambiguity aversion in unknown and in compound lotteries: a smooth ambiguity model experimental approach” (with G. Attanasi, C. Gollier and A. Montesano), Theory and Decision, vol 77, pp 485-530 (2014). Link paper
– “Health status and portfolio choice: is their relationship economically relevant?” (with S. Bressan and L. Pelizzon), International Review of Financial Analysis, vol.32, pp. 109-122 (2014). Link paper
– “Human resource management and productivity in the Trust Game Corporation” (with L. Becchetti and G. Gianfreda), International Review of Economics, vol. 59, pp. 3-20 (2012). Link paper
– “Health Status and Portfolio Choice: Does feeling better affect your attitude towards risk?” (with L. Pelizzon and S. Bressan), in Geneva Association Information Newsletter: Health and Ageing, Geneva, The Geneva Association , vol. 26, pp. 9-13 (2012). Link paper
– “Maternal and Neonatal Health Expenditure in Mumbai Slums, India: A Cross Sectional Study” (with J. Skordis-Worrall, U. Bapat, S. Das, N. Shah More, W. Joshi, A. Pulkki-Brannstrom, D. Osrin), BMC Public Health, vol. 11:150, pp. 1-12 (2011). Link paper
– “Food commodity derivatives: a new cause of malnutrition?” (with A. Seal and A. Costello), Lancet, vol. 371, pp.1648-1650 (2008). Link paper
– “Futures and food prices — Authors’ reply” (with A. Seal and A. Costello), Lancet, vol. 372, pp.628-629 (2008). Link paper
– “Are Employers discriminating with respect to weight? European Evidence using Quantile Regression” (with V. Atella and D. Vuri), Economics and Human Biology, vol. 6, issue 3, pp.305-329 (2008). Link paper
– “Understanding how women’s groups improve maternal and newborn health in Makwanpur, Nepal: a qualitative study” (with J. Morrison, R. Thapa, S. Hartley, D. Osrin, M. Manandhar, K. Tumbahangphe, R. Neupane, B. Budhathoki, A. Sen, D.S. Manandhar, A. Costello), International Health, vol. 2, issue 1, pp.25-35 (2010). Link paper
Publications in refereed journals (in Italian)
–.“Le discriminazioni retributive: un approccio giuridico ed economico” (with S. Foffano), Lavoro e Diritto, vol. 4, pp. 663-688 (2012). Link paper
Articles published in books
– “The Chinese health care system reforms and household saving patterns: some stylized facts” (with V. Atella, A. Brugiavini, and H. Chen). In “The Globalisation of Chinese Business: Implications for Multinational Investors”, Chandos Publishing, Oxford (2014). Link book
– “Crisi economica e riduzione del reddito: effetti sullo stato di salute” (in Italian – with E. Croda). In Rizzi and Zantomio Analisi e strumenti di politica sociale, Edizione Ca’ Foscari Collana Politiche Sociali Studi e Ricerche (2013). Link book
– “Riforme nel settore sanitario in Cina: rassegna degli effetti sulla domanda di cure sanitarie, spese out-of-pocket e risparmio familiare” (in Italian). In Rizzi and Zantomio Analisi e strumenti di politica sociale, Edizione Ca’ Foscari Collana Politiche Sociali Studi e Ricerche (2013). Link book
– “Welfare and the Crisis: Pension System Reform in Serbia” in Experiences in overcoming the global economic crisis – the cases of Italy and Serbia (Z. Aranđelović and D. Martellato). Thematic Collection of Papers (2011).
– “Does Health Insurance Make you Fat?” (with J. Bhattacharya, K. Bundorf, and N. Sood), NBER book Economic Aspects of Obesity (M. Grossman and N. Mocan eds.). University of Chicago Press (2011). Link book
– “Corporate Trust Game in Modern Knowledge Economies” (with L. Becchetti) in Corporate Social Responsibility and Corporate Governance: the contribution of economic theory and related disciplines (L. Sacconi, M. Blair, E.Freeman, A. Vercelli eds.) (2011). Palgrave Macmillan. Link book
– “Istruzione, Tecnologie di Informazione e Sviluppo” (in Italian – with F. Ciuffi and A. De Socio) in Globalizzazione, istruzioni per l’uso: Comportamenti individuali, regole del gioco, istituzioni (L. Becchetti, L. Paganetto, C. Pietrobelli eds.), Meridiana Libri Saggi (2006). Link book
– “Experience and gender effects in an Acquiring-a-Company game. An experiment controlling for gender and gender constellations” (with D. Di Cagno, A. Galliera, W. Güth, L. Panaccione), Working Papers Department of Economics. Submitted
– “The Health Care System in China: Any Role for the Private Sector?”, Working Paper. Submitted
– “Extending Health Insurance: Effects of the National Health Insurance Scheme in Ghana”, (with A. Brugiavini), EUI Working Papers, European University Institute, vol. RSCAS 2011/27. Submitted
– “Are Women more Suspicious than Men? An Experiment with Prior Value Message before “Acquiring-a-Company” (with D. Di Cagno, A. Galliera and W. Güth). Working Paper.
– “Disentangling risk aversion from ambiguity aversion in unknown and in compound lotteries: A KMM Experimental Approach” (con G. Attanasi, C. Gollier and A. Montesano), Working Papers Department of Economics, University Ca’ Foscari of Venice, vol. 23, pp 1-48.
-. “Family Networks and Health Seeking Behaviors: Evidence from Nepal” (with J. Skordis and D. Osrin), Working Paper (2013).
– “Household Saving and Reform of the Housing Finance System in Urban China” (with V. Atella, A. Brugiavini, and H. Chen), Working Paper (2013).
– “Does Health Insurance Make you Fat?” (with J. Bhattacharya, K. Bundorf, and N. Sood), NBER Working Paper 15163 (2009).
– “Are employers discriminating with respect to weight? European Evidence using Quantile Regression” (with V. Atella and D. Vuri), CEIS Research Paper 123/2008, University of Rome Tor Vergata (2008).
– “Wages and weight in Europe: evidence using quantile regression model”, (with V. Atella and D. Vuri), ChilD Working Paper, No. 23/2007 (2007).
– “The valorization of human capital as a key element of competitiveness: the trust game corporation perspective”, (with L. Becchetti), Corporate Social Responsibility Paper 4/2006, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (2006).
Works in Progress
– Investigation of non-standard theories of economic behaviour under risk and ambiguity.
– Experimental analysis of gender differences in risk attitude, negotiation and bargaining.
– SHARE Survey of Health Ageing and Retirement in Europe (link to data).
– CHARLS China Health, Ageing and Retirement Longitudinal Survey (link to data)
– Health Care System Reforms and Saving in the People’s Republic of China (link to data).